Proud to be Australian Made
Our products and people shape homes and communities. We’re one of Australia’s leading manufacturers and suppliers of roll formed steel building products – and for good reason.
You will see us on the roofs of iconic buildings and stadiums that span the Australian landscape. Our doors and panels open many commercial and residential builds. Our commitment is on high quality, custom made installations that put our customers unique needs and aspirations at the heart of all we do.
We know that great people get things done. Our values guide our decision making, and we know we are all better together. We believe all injuries are preventable and we never walk past – we speak up and take action. Our people share ideas and are encouraged to have a go. We anticipate and create solutions for our teams. We’re on the lookout for an experienced Safety Advisor.
Key focus & responsibilities
In this pivotal role, you will be key in coaching, mentoring and reinforcing our safety culture to our front-line leaders. This role is a shared regional management opportunity within a national environment, health and safety team of Stramit and our sister-company Tradelink. As part of an Australian manufacturing and retail distribution team, you will partner with the businesses to lead the business forward.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Manage the safety and quality planning, implementation and compliance of regional Stramit and Tradelink sites
• Deliver safety training and check competencies
• Perform audits and assessments, on site and through virtual platforms
• Support incident investigation, reporting, and reviews, ensuring corrective action is taken
• Manage Workers Compensation and support Return-To-Work planning and coordination
What we need you to bring to our team
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Safety Advisor. You will be an inspiring team player, with a problem-solving attitude. You have a continuous improvement mindset and a keen eye for detail. You are not afraid to roll your sleeves up to get the job done. You enjoy making a positive contribution and are a continuous learner. You can pick up new systems easily and drive key projects around safety leadership and process enhancements.
We are on the lookout for
• Strong influencing skills, and the ability to lead, talk to, and change mindsets when it comes to safety and quality
• The ability to communicate effectively and build relationships with key stakeholders
• Sound understanding of EH&S principles such as Hazard Identification, Risk Assessments and Auditing
• Self-motivation, the ability to work autonomously, and also in a team environment
• Experience in a similar EHS role ideally within the retail distribution or manufacturing industry
• Tertiary qualifications – minimum Cert IV in Work Health & Safety (Cert IV in Workplace Training & Assessment also beneficial)
What is in it for you?
You will be joining an iconic Australian brand that is constantly evolving. With our grit, determination and relentless pursuit for excellence, we are constantly on the lookout for design and innovation enhancements to improve built landscapes.
We commit to:
• Empowering you to shape the transformation of our business;
• Working with you to chase your career aspirations
• Ongoing education and cross functional collaboration;
• FLEXit – our flexible work program that enables you to balance your own work/life priorities
• Diversity & Inclusivity – embracing all backgrounds and ethnicity
If you are ready to join in our transformation during an exciting growth phase and are a proactive safety leader, we encourage you to apply today!