We are on the hunt for a proactive Design Coordinator to join our project team at the New Zealand International Convention Centre (NZICC), based at our Nelson Street site office.
You will be responsible for providing architectural and engineering design expertise to coordinate and manage the design process and deliverables with best practice architectural, engineering and construction methods. You will also assist in the integration of planning, safety, quality, commercial, construction and design issues to manage project design risks.
We require the applicants who have minimum three (3) years’ experience within the architecture, engineering or construction industry and who have solid understanding of the design coordination process and its application in planning and construction management.
Along with the above points, we are looking for the following attributes and capabilities:
• Tertiary qualification in Architectural Design, Engineering, or another relevant field.
• Relevant experience coordinating the design process in a large construction/multi project environment is desirable
• Sound knowledge of architectural and engineering design coordination, including coordinating the council consenting requirements on a large construction project
• High level of interpersonal skills, with the ability to guide the project team to a coordinated and successful outcome
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including intermediate to advanced computer skills
• High level of attention to detail
• Excellent organisational and time management skills
• Solution focused – proactive in seeking results and comfortable working in an environment where ready-made answers aren’t always available
• High level of drive - a personal commitment and desire to succeed in a pressured environment
About Fletcher Construction
The Fletcher Construction Company is a strong family of connected businesses partnering with our customers to create places, spaces and networks that work for people.
Since 1909 our people have planned, built, maintained and managed critical infrastructure and buildings to strengthen and serve our communities in New Zealand and the South Pacific. Our people enjoy career development programmes, cross-business advancement opportunities and a range of staff benefits which makes Fletcher an employer of choice
Passionate, curious, and keen to step up to the challenge? If so, we want to hear from you! Please apply directly online.