Together, let’s build New Zealand! PlaceMakers is New Zealand's leading and largest supplier of building materials to New Zealand’s commercial and residential construction markets.
This is an exciting role that doesn’t come up often, but an opportunity has opened to join our amazing Auckland Delivery Service Team as a Lead Driver and the opportunity to further your career into Operational management. Whilst this is a hands-on role, as Lead Driver you will be required to work closely with your driver team of 10 drivers to drive and develop their individual performance, but ultimately drive the overall delivery service performance in the AKL metro region.
We are looking for the following in the successful applicants:
- You may be someone already in a similar Lead Drive Role looking for your next step with growth and progression OR you may be a Drivers with a current (full) Class 4 licence with a number of years under your belt as you will be the subject matter expert in all things with Hiab.
- Understands the importance of Health & Safety and sees this as a VALUE in all aspects of their work, their driving behaviour, and towards all others to ensure we get home safely every day!
- Computer literate with the ability to navigate new systems
- An excellent manner with people, especially customers, with a can-do attitude
What we offer to the successful applicants:
- Attractive package including monthly target based bonus scheme.
- Opportunity to earn a place in our fast growing team where your safety is paramount.
- Working for PlaceMakers can offer you opportunities to grow your driving and/or professional career.
- A sense of pride in delivering an essential service to our community!
The ‘home base’ can depend on your location but ultimately you will be part of a team servicing the entire Auckland region. Our fleet consists of both Tippers & Hiabs.
The core working hours will be based on a 45 hour week, Monday through to Friday (with a rostered Saturday).
But, also on offer; Staff Purchasing Discounts, Employee Education Fund, Discounted Medical Insurance, Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), and Employee Welfare Fund to name a few!
You need to be legally entitled to work to be considered for these roles.
If you would like to know more please feel free to call Jenna on 0276414052 sounds like your next career move, please click Apply Now!