Help us build New Zealand! PlaceMakers is New Zealand’s leading and largest supplier of building materials to New Zealand’s commercial and residential construction markets. We employ more than 2,400 people in over 60 locations across the country and stock more than 100,000 product lines from concrete to paint and plasterboard.
Placemakers Mt Wellington provides a world class facility for our Trade and Retail customers. Right now, we require a motivated go-getter to join our busy dispatch team. This team works in a fast paced environment with exceeding our customer’s expectations being the goal every day.
Key Responsibilities for this role are:
- Forklift operation, valid certificate is a bonus but not essential
- Compiling orders for dispatch and customer collections
- Advising our inventory controller of out of stock products
- Being health and safety conscious
- Providing excellent customer service
This is a full-time position working Monday to Friday between 1.30pm - 10pm.
To be successful in this role, you will need to:
- Be reliable and have strong attention to detail
- Be physically fit as there is lifting involved
- Hold a valid Full NZ Drivers Licence
- An understanding of DIY or the building industry would be an advantage
- Have experience in a warehousing/dispatch environment
- Treat customers and colleagues with respect
- Be a real team player, willing to help others when and as required
As well as a competitive hourly rate, we can also offer you generous staff buying privileges, the stability of working for New Zealand's largest building supply company, opportunities for career/personal development and a friendly and supportive team environment.
Join our team by applying today!
Please note: A pre-employment medical including a drug test will be required as well as the legal right to work in NZ indefinitely.