About the Role
Join the Higgins Green Team in the stunning location Wairarapa. The region offers a beautiful environment where it is easy to manage a work-life balance, short commutes, excellent facilities and a welcoming family-orientated community.
We have a vacancy for an experienced Workshop Supervisor in our mechanical workshop, which provides vital support in repairs and maintaining regular services to our working fleet of various vehicles, heavy plant and machinery.
The role involves assisting the Workshop Manager to supervise staff and be “hands on” with general mechanical tasks with an emphasis on leading and guiding workshop staff in our operations.
We are seeking applications from people who possess the following attributes:
• Experience in mechanical repair and maintenance of heavy vehicles and equipment
• Previous experience in leading and motivating a team
• Participate positively and actively in our health and safety, environmental systems
• Have good, sound communication skills to deal with all types of personnel and be able to work in a small, productive workshop crew
• HT Licences are a definite advantage
• Are self-motivated and intuitive with the ability to get the job done without compromising on quality
• Full NZ Driving Licence class 4 desirable
What we offer:
• Competitive Hourly Rate
• As a Higgins employee you will have access to Fletchers Benefits Programme which includes discounted health insurance, family scholarships, discounted fuel and many more! and unrivalled career development opportunities
• An opportunity to work in a dynamic and progressive organisation
Higgins (part of the Fletcher Building Group) is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. Many people have built great careers with Higgins over the last 60 years. As a member of the Higgins Green Team that opportunity is open to you as we work, grow and have fun together building tomorrows New Zealand.
Higgins Contractors is committed to providing a safe and drug free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass a drug and alcohol test prior to commencement of employment.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity Apply today!