Proud to be Australian Made
Our products and people shape homes and communities. We’re one of Australia’s leading manufacturers and suppliers of roll formed steel building products – and for good reason.
You will see us on the roofs of iconic buildings and stadiums that span the Australian landscape. Our doors and panels open many commercial and residential builds.
The Stramit difference
Here at Stramit, we are on a growth journey. We’re big enough to give you the all the benefits of a national network but small enough to know our customers first name. We get the job done right, every time – no matter how complex.
We know that great people get things done. Our values guide our decision making, and we know we are all better together. We believe all injuries are preventable and we never walk past – we speak up and take action. Our people share ideas and are encouraged to have a go. We anticipate and create solutions for our customers
Key focus & responsibilities
You will play a vital role in the safety, efficiency and profitability of our main site in Brisbane. The Production Planner will support production and engineering staff across 3 shifts. You will also work closely with our supply chain teams to maximise customer service and inventory efficiency.
Your responsibilities will include:
• To drive business safety through achievement of zero harm culture and championing “rules to live by”.
• Optimise manufacturing and supply chain through efficient operations considering the delivery of products to all downstream operations and internal customers.
• Provide input into cost effective pro-active and timely solutions to maintenance issues, in consultation with Production Manager
• Allocate duties according to planning schedule to ensure timely execution as efficiently as practicable
What we need you to bring to our team
• Demonstrated experience in a manufacturing environment, with knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles
• Strong mechanical and technical aptitude, working in machine-based operations
• Production planning and transport management experience
• Strong Safety focus with a preventative/proactive approach and the ability to manage any OH&S issues to resolution
We are on the lookout for;
• Ability to work with ambiguity and complexity
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong computer literacy/customer portal exposure
• Steel Industry background (preferred)
• Values based – Protect, Better Together, Be Bold, Customer Leading
What is in it for you?
You will be joining an iconic Australian brand that is constantly evolving. With our grit, determination and relentless pursuit for excellence, we are constantly on the lookout for design and innovation enhancements to improve built landscapes. With a team that blends years of experience with youthful curiosity, we are searching for a team player to build our future together.
We commit to:
• Empowering you to shape the transformation of our business;
• Working with you to chase your career aspirations
• Ongoing education and cross functional collaboration;
• FLEXit – our flexible work program that enables you to balance your own work/life priorities
• Diversity & Inclusivity – embracing all backgrounds and ethnicity
If you are ready to join in our transformation during an exciting growth phase and are a proactive customer service leader, we encourage you to apply today!