You will be actively involved in the planning and supervising the safe, successful day to day activities of the Road Maintenance Crews while continuously improving our service to build on the Higgins brand within the industry and the community.
• Carrying out network inspections in accordance with the network inspection programme
• Identifying defects and issues resulting from inspections and logging them in the Contract Management Maintenance System (CMMS)
• Assisting in programming of work arising from inspections & network observations
• Supervising of internal construction and maintenance crews and sub-contractors, including but not limited to civil, paving and concrete works
It goes without saying you will have:
• Experience in construction and road maintenance (to Supervisor level)
• An eye for detail, a methodological and organised approach and a commitment to quality of service
• Full clean Class 1 New Zealand Driver’s License
• Problem solving skills in relation to road construction
• The ability to train and empower your staff
• Experience in cost management regarding material and labour requirements
• Self-motivation with a focus on excellence and continuous improvement
• A strong focus on health and safety not only for yourself, your team but also the public
• Excellent communications skills both verbal and written and a person who can build long standing relationships
So, what do we offer?
• A competitive salary + Vehicle
• Fletchers Benefits Programme, including subsidised medical insurance, Employee Education Fund - subsidised education and training to employees and their dependants, and lots more for you and your family to enjoy
• On-going training and development
Higgins (part of the Fletcher Building Group) is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. Many people have built great careers with Higgins over the last 60 years. As a member of the Higgins Green Team that opportunity is open to you as we work, grow and have fun together building tomorrows New Zealand.
Higgins Contractors is committed to providing a safe and drug free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass a drug and alcohol test prior to commencement of employment.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
How to Apply:
Ready for the challenge and want to align your goals with ours? If so, we would love to hear from you! Please apply directly online
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga