Asphalt Plant Operator
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCH/19383
- Closing Date:18 Feb 2022
The Higgins Green Team in the mighty Waikato is looking for a permanent full time Asphalt Plant Operator to join the crew.
- Grow and develop in a supportive team
- Hard work is recognised - build a career and not just do a job
- Competitive hourly rate
- Awesome benefits for you and your family to enjoy
- Brand new PPE gear (that’s your own personal protective equipment)
You will need to have a good understanding of all things asphalt as we can manufacture 600 to 1,250 tonnes of Asphalt per day and we utilise the latest technology to blend and mix aggregate, bitumen, modifiers, polymers, fillers, and pelletised fibre.
What you’ll bring to the role:
- A safety-first attitude – for yourself and the public
- Team player who is physically fit
- Flexible, committed 1 licence - WTR Bonus with F endorsement
- Previous experience operating different plant machinery
- Mechanical and technical aptitude
- Passion for our industry and the willingness to work hard and learn
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, competitive hourly rate, subsidised medical insurance and subsidised education and training for you and your dependants.
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check – you’ll need to be fit for work!
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga