Trainee Detailer - Auckland Frame & Truss
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:PlaceMakers
- Job Reference:PMK 19452
- Closing Date:05 Nov 2021
PlaceMakers Frame & Truss is an integral part of PlaceMakers’ service delivery strategy for its customers, with 8 manufacturing plants nationwide delivering high quality and price competitive frame and truss. We offer a dynamic, interesting and fast paced environment to work in.
This is a full-time permanent position within PlaceMakers Auckland Frame and Truss Plant, based in Wiri. You will start as a trainee and spend approx 6 weeks based in Hamilton from Monday-Friday, with all accommodation and travel costs covered, which will set you up for success as part of our Training Programme. Once this initial induction is complete then you will return to Auckland and continue to grow your technical skills and build your career as a Detailer.
What we are looking for:
- You could have experience in the building industry either as a builder or you may have decided that you like the technical side of things
- You may be an admin superstar with a flair for drawings and keen on the idea of working in the building industry
- You will need to be naturally good with numbers and think outside the box for solutions
- This role will suit someone who is a bit of a perfectionist by nature and likes to get into the detail of things – attention to detail is critical
- The ability to be a problem solver is a big part of this role as it involves working with information that is not necessarily complete. You will need to have the confidence to ask questions and look for answers rather than just be a processing machine.
- A clear understanding of the need for good relationships is important as you will be in constant contact with builders, architects and internal stakeholders
- Knowledge of NZ Building Codes and interpreting building plans would be an advantage but is not essential
It’s not often that opportunities like this come up where a business will train and develop you into a specialised and skill shortage sector which will almost guarantee regular and incremental pay increases provided you are learning and performing as expected, so it’s all up to you!
We are looking for someone hungry and driven, someone with an exceptional work ethic who appreciates that we will be investing in you as full training with Mitek 20/20 will be provided. Your ability to listen, communicate well and work collaboratively with the team will of course be important.
Please note – you must be in NZ and entitled to work indefinitely to apply for this opportunity. You will also be required to complete a medical, including a drug test as part of the recruitment process.