Help us build New Zealand! PlaceMakers is New Zealand's leading and largest supplier of building materials to New Zealand’s commercial and residential construction markets. Part of New Zealand’s largest listed company, Fletcher Building, we employ more than 2,100 people in over 60 locations across the country and stock more than 100,000 product lines from concrete to paint and plasterboard.
If you love working in a fast paced team environment with lots of variety then this could be your opportunity to really make an impact with our fabulous Hutt City team!
Working alongside our senior leadership team at PlaceMakers Hutt City, you’ll lead and develop our vital front line team and be responsible for driving excellent service delivery to our building and trade customers when they come through our yard and drive thru/pick up area.
This is a permanent full time role where a typical day will include -
- Inventory and stock management with the use of continuous improvement techniques
- Assist in order make up coordination to meet DIFOTIS targets cost-effectively
- General maintenance to ensure Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality requirements are exceeded
- Staff work allocation, and ongoing training of staff
- General Housekeeping and stock replenishment
We are looking for someone with proven leadership experience with a passion for the building materials industry, who is highly motivated to make decisions and take action to continuously improve performance and safety measures for the team. In addition to this, can also possess the following -
- Hands-on leadership skills to ensure that the team exceeds our customers’ expectations
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to motivate/influence your team as well as capability to work alongside the wider leadership team
- Proficient computer skills
- Full driver’s license, a valid F-endorsement and Forklift driving experience
- Experience within the building industry is highly preferred.
- Physically fit and enjoy working both inside and outside
- Proactive and able to think on your feet under pressure
What's on offer?
Here at PlaceMakers you will have the ability to create lasting relationships and contribute to the success of our business. We offer amazing training, development and progression opportunities plus a competitive salary and lots of staff benefits so you're in good hands with us!
We have some amazing success stories of people who have shown commitment to work hard and they have gone on to achieve incredible things.
Could you be our next success story? Apply now!
Please note: A pre-employment medical, including a drug test is required as well as the legal right to work in NZ indefinitely.