- Job Type:Full time
- Category:Road Surfacing
- Business Group:Higgins
- Location:Palmerston North
- Job Reference:FCH/19551
- Closing Date:09 Oct 2021
We are looking for an Operator to join the Higgins Asphalt Team in Palmerston North. This position will involve operating an Asphalt Paver, Skid Steer and Loader Roller. Ideally you will have some industry knowledge and experience in operating Asphalt machinery.
Our Operators are pro-active, and safety focused and enjoy working for an organisation where hard work is recognised and where they can build a career and not just do a job.
Your role is key in enabling our Teams to deliver on what we do best – roading and infrastructure.
If you are looking for your next opportunity, then this is what we think you will need to be successful in this role:
• Full clean New Zealand Driver’s License - ideally Class 4 with WTR but will consider class 2
• Ideally Asphalt Roller/Paver experience
• Roading and Infrastructure experience
• Strong focus on health and safety not only for yourself, your colleagues but also the public
• Self-motivated with a positive attitude and the ability to think for yourself
• A high level of physical fitness due to the physical nature of the role
• Be reliable, honest and a flexible team player
In other words, we want someone who is reliable, fit and healthy who will turn up on time every day with a positive safety focused attitude!
We are a leader in roading and infrastructure, across NZ and the South Pacific. With strong growth potential we have all the benefits of a large organisation, with the heart of a smaller close-knit, values-based business.
Higgins is a proud member of the Fletcher Building family of companies. We offer a competitive salary, Employee Welfare Fund, Share Scheme and an Employee Education Fund to help you and your family reach educational aspirations.
This is a great time to be joining us we are excited by the opportunities and investment in the industry and need someone who is just as excited to get involved and join our Teams on the journey – Apply NOW!
Higgins: Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga