We have an opportunity available to join our Team in this highly sought-after role located in the stunning Wairarapa.
As an experienced workshop mechanic your role will focus on the repair and maintenance of a variety of medium to large plant and equipment and road transport within our busy Depot
When you join Higgins, you will have the support of a company that understands how important each member of our team is in delivering what we do best – Roading and Infrastructure.
If you are looking for a change in role then now is the time to act! This is what we think you will need to be successful:
• Experience in mechanical repair and maintenance of heavy vehicles and equipment
• Minimum Level 4 Trade qualification or similar
• Practical experience operating industry equipment and plant
• Excellent communication skills
• Flexible and resilient (occasionally required to work night shift/call outs)
• High attention to detail
• Physically fit
• Committed to a safety-first culture
What we offer:
• Guaranteed hours
• Competitive hourly rate + overtime rates
• On-going training and development
• Fletchers Benefits Programme, including discounted health insurance, family scholarships, discount on fuel and lots more!
Higgins (part of the Fletcher Building Group) is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. Many people have built great careers with Higgins over the last 60 years. As a member of the Higgins Green Team that opportunity is open to you as we work, grow and have fun together building tomorrows New Zealand.
Higgins Contractors is committed to providing a safe and drug free workplace.
The successful applicant will be required to pass a drug and alcohol test prior to commencement of employment.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity Apply today!