This is a great time to be joining the Higgins “Green Team” we are excited by the opportunities and investment in the industry and need someone who is just as excited to get involved and bring our Teams on the journey.
Higgins Wairarapa completes all types of civil construction which includes domestic driveways, subdivisions, 3 water renewals, road reconstruction, commercial site works, Local Authority roading and safety improvement contracts, Masterton District Maintenance contract, production and supply of all types of aggregates.
As the construction Contracts Manager, you will lead the successful bidding and delivery of specific contracts. You’re a resilient people leader, with relevant experience within this highly competitive industry along with a demonstrated background in an environment that has a strong safety culture.
If you are looking for your next challenge, then this is what we think you will need to be successful in this role:
• Civil Engineering Diploma or Degree (preferable)
• Minimum 2 + years’ experience in a similar role
• Proven track record in successful delivery of roading and subdivision projects
• In-depth knowledge of Civil Engineering from pricing, negotiation skills, planning, programming, supervision, survey, client liaison, claiming and leading safety
• Strong people leadership skills
• Understanding of the Construction Contracts Act and the knowledge to apply NZS3910
In Return we offer:
• Competitive remuneration package + vehicle
• On-going training and development
• letchers Benefits Programme, including discounted health insurance, family scholarships & share schemes.
Higgins (part of the Fletcher Building Group) is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. Many people have built great careers with Higgins over the last 60 years. As a member of the Higgins Green Team that opportunity is open to you as we work, grow and have fun together building tomorrows New Zealand.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
If this opportunity is ticking your boxes, then don’t wait, apply online today!