Help us build New Zealand! PlaceMakers is New Zealand’s leading and largest supplier of building materials to New Zealand’s commercial and residential construction markets.
PlaceMakers Oamaru provides a world class facility for our Trade and Retail customers. As we continue to grow our business, we require a motivated go getter to join our busy Despatch/Drive Thru team. This team works in a fast paced environment with exceeding our customer’s expectations being the goal every day.
Key Responsibilities for this role are:
• Assisting within the yard, providing product advice to customers when required
• Compiling orders for despatch and customer collections
• Loading of goods onto customer vehicles
• Processing customer orders and transactions
• Advising our inventory controller of out of stock products
• Being health and safety conscious
• Providing excellent customer service
This is a three month fixed term contract position. Rostered weekend work is required as our store is open 8.30am-1.00pm on Saturdays.
To be successful in this role, you will need to:
• Be reliable and have strong attention to detail
• Be physically fit as there is lifting involved
• Hold a valid Full Drivers Licence, forklift license not essential
• An understanding of DIY or the building industry would be an advantage
• Warehousing experience would be an advantage but not essential
• Treat customers and colleagues with respect
• Be a real team player, willing to help others when and as required
Here at PlaceMakers you will have the ability to create lasting relationships and contribute to the success of our business. We offer amazing training and development programmes, a competitive hourly rate and lots of staff benefits so you’re in good hands.
Please note: A pre-employment medical including a drug test will be required as well as the legal right to work in NZ indefinitely.