We are on the hunt to fill a few roles in our Design team and we are keen to speak with candidates who are at Design Coordinator/Design Manager level. This is to join our project team at the New Zealand International Convention Centre (NZICC), based at our Nelson Street site office. This is an iconic project being delivered by the Fletcher Construction in a design build model.
You will be responsible for coordinating the design process and deliverables with best practice architectural, engineering and construction methods. You will also assist in the integration of planning, safety, quality, commercial, construction and design issues to manage project design risks. You will interact with the Fletcher Construction, wider Design Team and select subcontractors as required.
To be successful in this role, you don’t need to be a Designer, an engineer, or a construction expert. But you must have a great can-do attitude and have proven interpersonal skills to build and maintain constructive relationships between different parties. The ideal candidates for the roles include those with project management, architecture or engineering backgrounds, or those with a site management background who are keen to be a key contributor to the design process.
Along with the above points, we are looking for the following attributes and capabilities:
• Tertiary qualification in engineering, architecture or site management is desirable but not necessary
• Relevant design coordination or design management experience in a large construction/multi project environment is desirable
• Proven high level of interpersonal skills, with the ability to guide the project team to a coordinated and successful outcome
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including intermediate to advanced computer skills
• Great negotiation skills
• High level of attention to detail
• Excellent organisation and time management skills
• Solution focused – Proactive in seeking results and comfortable working in an environment where ready-made answers aren’t always available
• High level of drive – Displaying a personal commitment and desire to succeed in a pressured environment
• A self-starter with a can-do attitude is a must.
About Fletcher Construction
The Fletcher Construction Company is a strong family of connected businesses partnering with our customers to create places, spaces and networks that work for people.
Since 1909 our people have planned, built, maintained and managed critical infrastructure and buildings to strengthen and serve our communities in New Zealand and the South Pacific. Our people enjoy career development programmes, cross-business advancement opportunities and a range of staff benefits which makes Fletcher an employer of choice
Passionate, curious, and keen to step up to the challenge? If so, we want to hear from you! Please apply directly online. You must have legal rights to work in NZ to be considered for this position.