Fletcher Construction is a strong family of five connected businesses partnering with our customers to create places that work for people. Since 1909 our people have planned, built, maintained and managed significant national infrastructure for the benefit of communities in New Zealand and the South Pacific. We have safety at our core and invest in sustainability for our future. Together our 3700 people deliver for generations to come.
The Group Finance team provides central support to Fletcher Construction businesses in New Zealand and the South Pacific.
Reporting to our Construction Group Financial Controller, this role based in our National Office in Penrose offering a unique opportunity to work in a diverse, complex and fast-paced environment. The role is responsible for the AP Team and the South Pacific payroll team, and managing the processes and also interacting and managing the relationships with all parties that support and interact with these payment processes. The role will offer you a unique opportunity to not only manage and lead a team, but to also focus on transforming our processes to take them to the next stage and driving continuous improvements on policy and process to ensure these are robust, effective and mitigate risk.
With proven finance experience in an auditing, process improvement or consulting environment, you will have a relevant tertiary qualification and a passion for control processes and continuous improvement. You will be a strategic thinker and have the ability to apply sound methodologies to your work. A self-starter, you will be highly motivated and enjoy working and leading a professional and commercially focused team. Excellent communication skills are a must and you will be adept at building strong key stakeholder relationships; with the ability to take complex concepts and express them simply whilst providing solutions. In addition to this, you can also demonstrate the following:
- Proven experience in a finance or operational role that has strong focus across a wide range of processes
- Strong understanding of/experience in best practice control environment
- Ability to make rational, realistic and sound decisions considering all facts and alternatives
- Naturally curious and inquiring
- Good project management and analytical skills
- Previous use of ERP’s and Business Intelligence Systems
- Certifications such as CPA, CA, CIA, CISA beneficial
- Experience in a Shared Services environment isn’t essential, but would be highly regarded
- Strong people management and leadership skills
- Proficiency with JDE would be highly regarded
What’s on offer?
You will be joining a well-respected company offering a competitive salary package, flexibility of hours, fantastic culture, real opportunities for career advancement and a range of other benefits that come with being part of New Zealand’s largest listed company.
Take the next step and apply today!
Please note - A full pre-employment medical including a drug test is required as well as having the legal right to work in NZ indefinitely.