We are a significant employer, manufacturer, home builder, and partner on major construction and infrastructure projects.
Our roots go back to 1909, when James Fletcher built his first house with Albert Morris in Dunedin, New Zealand.
From those humble beginnings, we today employ over 16,000 people in New Zealand, Australia, and the South Pacific.
In New Zealand, we employ some 10,000 people across almost every region of the country and make a significant contribution to both the national economy and many regional economies.
In Australia, we have significant operations in the manufacture and distribution of building products, employing over 5,000 people across the country, and some 800 people working on construction in the South Pacific.
About the Role
An excellent opportunity exists for an experienced Senior Internal Auditor to join the Fletcher Building team in Australia, joining a small team of dedicated audit professionals out of our Banyo (Brisbane) location. As part of our wider Group Assurance team, you will provide independent, objective assurance and consulting services in support of our diverse business operations as part of Fletcher Building.
Driving results to support the Internal Audit Plan, you will be responsible for key responsibilities including;
- Process and control analysis; identifying observations that add value to business operations
- Data analysis, reporting and providing insights to key business stakeholders
- Proactive workflow management, ensuring audits are scheduled and completed to timeframes
- Promoting continuous improvement, improving the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes
- Sharing your knowledge and experience with those around you as you leverage your skills and experience to assist in the development of others
You will also get the opportunity to drive special projects and utilise your background to consult on non-audit assignments and be supported by various Fletcher Building initiatives that support your own professional development.
With a proven attention to detail, confident approach and a passion for what you do, you will enjoy a challenging corporate environment as part of a diverse and large-scale organisation.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or demonstrated internal experience in a similar auditing role
- Excellent interpersonal skills to partner and influence your key stakeholders
- Previous success in achieving both business outcomes and business improvement
- Excellent report writing ability
- Capability to identify associated risks and mitigate accordingly
- Ability to travel regularly – drivers licence and passport required
- CA or CPA status or associated institute membership is desirable
We are focused on improving the world around us through smart thinking, simply delivered.
Apply now to showcase your skills and carve out a rewarding career path with the team at Fletcher Building.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.