Help us build New Zealand! PlaceMakers is New Zealand’s leading and largest supplier of building materials to New Zealand’s commercial and residential construction markets. We employ more than 2,400 people in over 60 locations across the country and stock more than 100,000 product lines from concrete to paint and plasterboard.
Working Monday to Friday each week with a requirement to work every 2nd/3rd Saturday, you’ll be part of our vital front line team at our Rotorua branch and be responsible for delivering excellent service to our customers when they come through our yard and drive thru/pick up area. Your energetic, outgoing nature and eye for detail will help you to ensure that our customers are receiving prompt, efficient service and sound advice while keeping safety at the forefront.
Dealing primarily with our building and trade customer base, your key responsibilities will include:
- Forklift operation, valid OSH certificate is a bonus but not essential
- Compiling orders for dispatch and customer collections
- Advising our inventory controller of out of stock products
- Being health and safety conscious
- Providing excellent customer service
To be successful in this role, you will need to:
- Be reliable and have strong attention to detail
- Be physically fit as there is manual handling involved
- Hold a valid Full NZ Drivers Licence - Essential
- An understanding of DIY or the building industry would be an advantage
- Have experience in a warehousing/dispatch environment
- Treat customers and colleagues with respect
- Quick to learn and adapt to using new technology
- Be a real team player, willing to help others when and as required
As well as a competitive hourly rate, we can also offer you generous staff buying privileges, the stability of working for New Zealand's largest building supply company, opportunities for career/personal development and a friendly and supportive team environment.
Join our team by applying today!
Please note: A pre-employment medical including a drug test will be required as well as the legal right to work in NZ indefinitely.