We have an opportunity available for a Leading Hand to come join our team in Christchurch.
You will need to have dirt on your boots when it comes to all thing’s road maintenance. Our teams cover a variety of tasks including cyclic road repairs, sign maintenance, edge marker posts, potholes, low shoulders, drainage, pretty much anything to do with roading and road maintenance our Teams get involved
So, with all this variety we are offering not just a job but the next step in your career with the support of a company that knows how important our Teams are in delivering what we do best – Roading and Infrastructure.
If you are looking for a step up in your career then now is the time to take action! This is what we think you will need to be successful in these roles:
- Full clean New Zealand Driver’s License (minimum Class 2)
- Working knowledge of road construction and Infrastructure development
- Knowledge of materials, methods and tools involved in road construction and maintenance including emulsion spraying
- Leadership experience or experience in a role where you have been looked upon as a Leader within your Crew
- Experience estimating material and worker requirements to achieve production
- A high level of physical fitness
- Reliable, honest team player who leads from the front
You will also be committed to a safety-first culture and be able to demonstrate this with your Team to bring them along on the journey
What’s in it for you?
The opportunity to grow and develop in a supportive team, to bring excitement to influence and lead change and of course, great employee benefits for you and your family!
As part of the wider Fletcher Construction Group, we offer a range of initiatives and knowledge that you will be able to leverage off. We have a strong focus on continued learning and development and there will be a range of opportunities for you to take advantage of. As an organisation we are passionate about the safety of our staff and there is continued support for the initiatives you will be required to implement and maintain.
Higgins are a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path building tomorrows New Zealand with people at the heart of what we do every day.
If you want to play a key role in a leading roading and civil infrastructure company with Higgins and Fletcher Construction, please apply directly online.
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga