Fletcher Insulation (FI) is part of the Fletcher Building Group and is Australia’s leading insulation company. We are at the forefront of innovation and development of new trends, supplying our favourite brands of insulation - including Pink Batts® insulation, Sisalation® reflective foil and Permastop® building blanket - to name but a few.
With more than 16,000 people across Australia and New Zealand, the Fletcher Building family is a global community made up of people who use all their experience, skills and individuality to do amazing work.
About the Opportunity
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Logistics Manager to join our team in Dandenong.
Reporting to the National Logistics Manager, you will take ownership to strengthen the organisation’s competitiveness by ensuring the logistics functions and processes meet the business plan objectives, both immediate and longer term. You’ll achieve this through coherent integration of customer demand with supply capability, delivering in full and on time with the optimum balance of cost, productivity and efficiency measures.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- The efficient and effective operation of the logistics team
- Monitoring and management of common systems
- Freight management including 3PL providers
- Influencing and negotiating with internal and external stakeholders
- Customer service and interaction
- Project management prioritisation
- Inventory accuracy for supply and distribution
To be successful in this role you must enjoy working with people, have excellent attention to detail and pride yourself on delivering the very best for your customers. The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Experience leading a team based across multiple sites
- Experience utilising SAP or similar system
- Experience managing 3PL relationships and expectations
- Experienced and competent in the coordination of multiple stakeholders
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritise effectively
- Understanding of the delivery life cycle
- Previous experience in building materials industry is desirable
With operations across Australia and New Zealand, Fletcher Building provides a great platform to grow your career. In addition to career development pathways, you will have access to:
- Staff Discounts – generous discounts within the Fletcher Building group in addition to discounts on health insurance, banking, optical, travel, technology, car rental and more through our internal perks program!
- Learning Academy – an award-winning learning academy supporting your career development
- FB Excellence Awards – recognising, celebrating and sharing the best achievements in leadership, innovation, performance excellence and customer service
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.