Help us build New Zealand! PlaceMakers is New Zealand's leading and largest supplier of building materials to New Zealand’s commercial and residential construction markets. Part of New Zealand’s largest listed company, Fletcher Building, we employ more than 2,400 people in over 60 locations across the country and stock more than 100,000 product lines from concrete to paint and plasterboard.
If you love working in a fast-paced team environment with lots of variety then this could be your opportunity to really make an impact!
You will be part of our vital front-line team and be responsible for providing excellent customer service to our building and trade customers when they come through our drive thru/order make up area. We currently have two new full time roles working Tuesday – Saturday based at our Riccarton branch.
A typical day will include -
• Assisting within the Drive Thru, providing product advice when required
• Loading of goods on to customer vehicles
• Operating a Forklift (Training can be provided)
• Assisting the Team Leader as directed to ensure an efficient drive thru is maintained
• Monitoring stock, cycle counts and much more
• Being health and safety conscious
• Providing excellent customer service
We are looking for someone with a passion for customer service, who is highly motivated to make decisions and take action to continuously improve performance and safety measures.
In addition to this, you also possess the following -
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Proficient computer skills
• Full driver’s licence (Essential)
• Knowledge of building materials/products
• A valid F-endorsement and Forklift driving experience (Advantage)
• Physically fit and enjoy working both inside and outside
• Proactive and able to think on your feet under pressure
What's on offer?
Here at PlaceMakers you will have the ability to create lasting relationships and contribute to the success of our business. We offer amazing training, development and progression opportunities plus a competitive salary and lots of staff benefits so you're in good hands with us!
We have some amazing success stories of people who have shown commitment to work hard and they have gone on to achieve incredible things.
If the above sounds like you, and you are ready to join a forward thinking company who are striving for excellence, then don’t delay! Click “Apply Now”
Expressions of interest must include a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for the role
Please note successful candidates will be required to undergo a full preemployment medical, and preemployment drug & alcohol test.