About Laminex Australia
We’ve been a part of the iconic Australian design landscape for over 85 years. Only a few short years after Australian’s fell in love with Vegemite, families were spreading their toast in kitchens and on tables made by us. We’ve come a long way.
Today, you’ll see Laminex on surfaces everywhere you look - be it hospitals, shopping centres, restaurants or your home. We manufacture and procure a broad range of products for commercial and residential use such as laminate, engineered stone and veneers so that all Australians can live in beautiful, practical spaces.
About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Despatch Clerk to join us join us at our Perth Distribution Centre in Welshpool. In this role, you will need to have excellent time management skills, strong leadership skills and the ability to prioritise work in a fast-paced environment. It's a great opportunity to bring your experience to ensure our customers receive their orders on time in full.
Key focuses & responsibilities will include:
Reporting to the Despatch Manager, this role is primarily responsible for supporting the Despatch of products to customers and promoting the prestige of Laminex through the provision of outstanding customer service, to meet the expectations of all customers. Your primary responsibilities will include:
- The capacity to meet the agreed service standard of operational requirements.
- Ability to act as the communication and operational link between the Customer Service Centre and Despatch Operations.
- To ensure the accuracy and quality of deliveries to the customers and branches.
- Timely and accurate data entry of required data
- Actively demonstrate safe work processes, and behaviours
- Responsible for maintaining effective resource planning of the daily Despatch Operation
We are after the following experience, skills & traits:
- Knowledge of business planning systems (manufacturing, distribution, retailing) showing exposure and usage of automated/semi-automated stock replenishment/management.
- ASF Level 4 or equivalent supervisory/team leader qualifications preferred
- Forklift Licence / Truck Licence.
- Warehouse Computer System knowledge.
- First Aid Certificate.
- 2-5 Years’ experience in Warehousing/Logistic Operations.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
This opportunity calls for a team play, leader and strict safety obsessed professional. You will be joining a close-knit team that will be there for ongoing support and to help develop your career further.
In return you’ll be joining one of Australia’s most dynamic and respected brands. We’re a part of the Fletcher Building Group, with operations in Australia and New Zealand. The Fletcher Building family is a global community of people who celebrate each other’s experience, skills and individuality to create amazing work. With that, comes a lot of opportunity.
Come and build your career with us.