Fletcher Insulation (FI) is part of the Fletcher Building Group and is Australia’s leading insulation company. We are at the forefront of innovation and development of new trends, supplying our favourite brands of insulation - including Pink Batts® insulation, Sisalation® reflective foil and Permastop® building blanket - to name but a few.
With more than 16,000 people across Australia and New Zealand, the Fletcher Building family is a global community made up of people who use all their experience, skills and individuality to do amazing work.
About the Opportunity
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Residential Segment Manager to join the Fletcher Insulation team in Dandenong and service the VIC/TAS region.
Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager, you will work on maximising the sales contribution and budgeted sales targets for the Victorian residential segment – including metro supply & fit and our retail customers, as well as competitor and market analysis to continue the exciting growth of Fletcher Insulation in the marketplace.
Your primary responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Customer Relationship Management – to service, maintain and grow customer accounts
- Encourage and explain to all customers the benefits and uses of products
- Enhance the sales of associated products when core products are ordered
- Generation of new business, lead follow up and conversions to grow segment and market share
- Development and implementation of segment sales plan in conjunction with Regional Sales Manager VIC/TAS
- Maintain debtor day control of assigned segment
- Preparation of reports as required on a weekly and monthly basis
To be successful in this role you must enjoy working with people, have excellent attention to detail and pride yourself on delivering the very best for your customers. The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Good knowledge and experience in account management, time management and margin management
- Proven experience in the building and/or similar industry is desirable
- Developed business acumen and relationship building skills
- Tertiary studies in Business, Management, Marketing or Sales would be beneficial
- Technical aptitude for specialist products
- Ability to work independently as well as with other members of a team
- Positive attitude under pressure
With operations across Australia and New Zealand, Fletcher Building provides a great platform to grow your career. In addition to career development pathways, you will have access to:
- Staff Discounts – generous discounts within the Fletcher Building group in addition to discounts on health insurance, banking, optical, travel, technology, car rental and more through our internal perks program!
- FBuShare – a share scheme allowing you to feel ownership of the business in which you work
- Learning Academy – an award winning learning academy supporting your career development
- Employee Education Fund – a Private Trust Fund managed independently of Fletcher Building to provide funding for education and training to employees
- FB Excellence Awards – recognising, celebrating and sharing the best achievements in leadership, innovation, performance excellence and customer service
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.