- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Winstone Wallboards
- Job Reference:WWB/20041
- Closing Date:11 Nov 2021
Maintenance Operator - Penrose
Like You, We’re Proudly Building New Zealand! It’s something we are proud to have been a trusted part of, for over 90 years and counting. Every day, passionate and dedicated people come together as an industry to help build healthy, sustainable homes, creating a better future for all New Zealanders.
GIB® Plasterboard is the number one choice by customers in New Zealand. Our quality and reliable products, along with our unparalleled service and support is what sets us apart. When you start with us, you will learn that we are all brought together by the passion we have for putting the customer at the heart of everything we do.
We are on the hunt for a mechanically minded Shift Maintainer Operator to join our fun and high performing team at Winstone Wallboards. This is a hands on role reporting to our Production Shift Team Leader, your key functions will include;
- Ensure all processes involved in the manufacture of plasterboard & products are carried out correctly
- Fault finding when fitters are off site and problem solve or escalate where necessary
- Set up, test, and adjust manufacturing machinery when maintenance fitters are off site
- Feed raw materials and raw material paper changes
- Maintenance of the machines and escalating where necessary to safeguard the continuity of the production line
- Stepping up to a Shift 2IC overseeing the Production Operators to ensure the smooth running of a shift including completion of shift reports, rostering and making a positive contribution to team targets.
Our manufacturing site in Penrose runs 24/7 therefore you’ll need to be able to work a 12-hour shift pattern, 2 days from 7.00am to 7.00pm and 2 nights from 7.00pm to 7.00am which will include rostered weekend work.
You’ll be an experienced production operator who is technically competent and skilled working with automated machinery. As someone who possesses a mechanical aptitude, confidence in trouble-shooting and problem-solving is essential. You'll also need:
- Previous experience running a production shift would be advantageous
- A mechanical trade qualification (partial completion or recent apprentice are also suitable)
- Proven ability to contribute to team-work and safety &well-being management focus
- A current forkhoist licence and/or F endorsement
- Full Driver’s Licence
- Ability to pass a pre-employment medical including drug & alcohol test
This is a career opportunity that offers challenge, variety and scope! The role is designed to attract candidates of superior calibre and it includes some awesome benefits and perks that comes as part of a large construction and building materials company. If you would like to join a second to none culture in a Kiwi icon, multi award winning business, please apply by visiting www.fbcareers.com