Proud to be Australian Made
Our products and people shape homes and communities. We’re one of Australia’s leading manufacturers and suppliers of roll formed steel building products – and for good reason.
You will see us on the roofs of iconic buildings and stadiums that span the Australian landscape. Our doors and panels open many commercial and residential builds. Our commitment is on high quality, custom made installations that put our customers unique needs and aspirations at the heart of all we do.
The Stramit difference
Here at Stramit, we are on a growth journey. We’re big enough to give you the all the benefits of a national network but small enough to know our customers first name. We get the job done right, every time – no matter how complex.
We know that great people get things done. Our values guide our decision making, and we know we are all better together. We believe all injuries are preventable and we never walk past – we speak up and take action. Our people share ideas and are encouraged to have a go. We anticipate and create solutions for our customers & now we’re on the lookout for an experienced Purchasing Officer.
Key focus & responsibilities
In this pivotal role, you will responsible for supporting Purchasing and Material planning activities for finished goods, consumables, packaging and services for the Knoxfield Metro site and associated branches.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Attend and provide data for DRM, DPM & weekly toolbox meetings
- Support Inventory team to ensure at least 1 staff member is present to support urgent requests
- Assist Production Planning and Inventory teams via cross training and leave relief
- Build strong relationships and maintain open communication lines with all departments and suppliers
- Support site visual management system and practice effective communication
- Maintain adherence to 5S disciplines
- Assist with yearly goal setting and associated actions
- Assist with 10 Pillar audit goals and actions
- Assist with reviewing and optimising DIFOTIS results for supply chain activities
- Other adhoc supply chain activities/projects determined by the Inventory Manager
What we need you to bring to our team
This is an exciting opportunity for a Purchasing & Supply Chain Superstar! You will be a great team player, with a problem solving attitude. You have a commercial mindset and a keen eye for detail. You are not afraid to roll your sleeves up to get the job done. You enjoy making a positive contribution and are a continuous learner. You are an excellent communicator and thrive on building connections internally and externally. You can pick up new systems easily and drive key projects around digital process enhancements.
We are on the lookout for;
- Excellent communication skills
- Extensive Purchasing or supply chain experience
- Can do problem solver
- 3-5 years experience within a purchasing or supply chain role
- Ability to work with ambiguity and complexity
- Strong computer literacy
- Commercial acumen
- Values based – Protect, Better Together, Be Bold, Customer Leading
What is in it for you?
You will be joining an iconic Australian brand that is constantly evolving. With our grit, determination and relentless pursuit for excellence, we are constantly on the lookout for design and innovation enhancements to improve built landscapes. With a team that blends years of experience with youthful curiosity, we are searching for a team player to build our future together.
We commit to:
- Empowering you to shape the transformation of our business;
- Working with you to chase your career aspirations
- Ongoing education and cross functional collaboration;
- FLEXit – our flexible work program that enables you to balance your own work/life priorities
- Diversity & Inclusivity – embracing all backgrounds and ethnicity
If you are ready to join in our transformation during an exciting growth phase and are a proactive Purchasing professional, we encourage you to apply.