We have an exciting opportunity available for an experienced EHS (Environment, Health, and Safety) Advisor to join the Higgins “Green Team” based in Rotorua, but supporting our operations across the eastern BOP and Taupo Region.
As the EHS Advisor your role will be to assist with the development, implementation, and maintenance of the Safety Management system for our local operations teams in accordance with Company Policy Standards and Procedures, international standards, regulatory bodies and Fletcher Building requirements.
You will proactively use your experience to lead and foster a, safe and healthy working culture while supporting, developing, coaching and mentoring the branch teams . Building and maintaining trusting relationships with all levels of staff is crucial in this role.
If you are looking for your next opportunity, then this is what we think you will need to be successful in this role:
- Demonstrated experience within an H&S Advisory role where you have achieved HSE excellence including conducting audits and investigations, engaging and building relationships with the workforce, and being passionate about creating safe workplaces through demonstrating great safety leadership.
- Excellent knowledge of the NZ legislative environment including HSE, ACC and HSNO, industry guidelines and standards
- Roading, Transport, Manufacturing, Construction (or relative) industry experience
- Self-motivated and reliable with a focus on excellence and continuous improvement
- Having great organisational skills and computer literacy, as well as proven field-based experience
- Taking professional pride and ownership in your work, and assisting others to achieve.
- Ability to cope with change and be able to think on your feet
We are a leader in roading and infrastructure, across NZ and the South Pacific. With strong growth potential we have all the benefits of a large organisation, with the heart of a smaller close-knit, values-based business.
Higgins is a proud member of the Fletcher Building group of companies. We offer a competitive Salary, Employee Welfare Fund, Share Scheme and an Employee Education Fund to help you and your family reach educational aspirations.
This is a great time to be joining us we are excited by the opportunities and investment in the industry and need someone who is just as excited to get involved and bring our Teams on the journey