About Laminex Australia:
We’ve been a part of the iconic Australian design landscape for over 85 years. Only a few short years after Australian’s became happy little Vegemite’s, families were spreading their toast in kitchens and on tables made by us. We’ve come a long way.
Today, you’ll see Laminex on surfaces everywhere you look - be it hospitals, shopping centres, restaurants or your home, our team spend their day designing products so that all Australians can create beautiful spaces.
The position we are ready to fill
Reporting to the Engineering Manager we have an excellent opportunity for a Capital Projects Engineer at our Dardanup site. In this role you will be responsible for managing and delivering capital projects related to the manufacturing operation for the site.
In this role you will:
- Ensure projects are delivered in full, on time and within budget;
- Manage the integration of the capital projects into site operations;
- Project management and contract administration to affect the installation and commissioning of capital projects
What are we looking for?
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Managing all phases of capital projects from design, achieving business approvals through to successful commissioning and handover
- Building strong relationships with operational and reliability staff to ensure cooperation and commitment for capital projects within their work centers
- Ability to compile convincing business case proposals to obtain the various approvals for future projects
- Responsible for all aspects of project administration for status reports across plans, financial performance and other related KPI’s
- Successfully engage third party contractors and consultants to obtain the optimum outcome from the services they provide
- Contribute at the site strategic level on capital deployment opportunities to further enhance the sites operations
- Well-developed leadership and influencing skills
- An Engineering degree with practical engineering experience, ideally in a manufacturing role
- Proven experience managing medium to large Capital projects in manufacturing;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate with and provide advice to internal stakeholders across the wider business;
- Financial Acumen – know how to justify projects, plan, track and work to budgets.
- A focus on Safety that aligns with our Protect objectives
- Strong computer skills with experience using the Microsoft Office suite of tools (word, excel and Project), AutoCAD (or equivalent)
- Project management skills to effectively see tasks through to completion
- Ability to think outside the box, driving cost out programs and a continuous improvement mentality
Why should you be excited?
We are a market leader who requires dynamic and forward-thinking managers. With the backing of our outstanding brand and our international parent company you are offered stability, career development and the opportunity to establish and build your future.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.
How to apply
Exciting opportunity, right? Please click the ‘Apply’ button below.