- Job Type:Full time
- Category:Merchandising & Category Management
- Business Group:Laminex AU
- Job Reference:LAM/20206
- Closing Date:21 Oct 2021
About Haven Kitchens by Formica
We’re a kitchen company with a difference.
Ever heard of Paul Kelly’s song “From little things, big things grow”? Well that’s what we’re singing on our way to work every day.
Backed by an industry giant (hello, Laminex) – we’re a start up that has big plans and we’re looking for likeminded people to join our dream, in an industry ready for disruption.
About The Role
We’re on the hunt for a Buying Assistant to join our “Work from Anywhere” team. Reporting to the Category Manager/Buyer you will assist in the development of the buying function and driving growth from day one. Think;
- Assisting with range development including co-ordinating samples, product testing, system set-up, and working with the various internal stakeholders to ensure customer facing material, pricing, team training and more are ready to go
- Reporting and analysis to provide recommendations for proactive or corrective actions to improve sales and gross profit
- General buying and category administration
- Supplier research and day-to-day coordination
You’re passionate about the customer and have a strong eye for detail. Whilst knowledge about the kitchen industry is a bonus, we know we can teach you that stuff. Passion is what we are looking for. And you have that in spades.
It’s your strong analytical skills that makes you stand out from the crowd. And a background in retail and/or buying analysis would be an advantage.
We’re backed by Laminex (& Fletcher Building Group)
As your friends and family, Laminex has been a part of the iconic Australian design landscape for over 85 years. Laminex is a diverse, innovative and product leading organisation a part of the Fletcher Building Group with locations across Australia and New Zealand.
Go on, join us. We dare you.