Proud to be Australian Made
Our products and people shape homes and communities. We’re one of Australia’s leading manufacturers and suppliers of roll formed steel building products – and for good reason.
You will see us on the roofs of iconic buildings and stadiums that span the Australian landscape. Our doors and panels open many commercial and residential builds. Our commitment is on high quality, custom made installations that put our customers unique needs and aspirations at the heart of all we do.
The Stramit difference
Here at Stramit, we are on a growth journey. We’re big enough to give you the all the benefits of a national network but small enough to know our customers first name. We get the job done right, every time – no matter how complex.
We know that great people get things done. Our values guide our decision making, and we know we are all better together. We believe all injuries are preventable and we never walk past – we speak up and take action. Our people share ideas and are encouraged to have a go. We anticipate and create solutions for our customers. We’re on the lookout for an experienced Purchasing Officer.
Key focus & responsibilities
You will play a vital role in the safety, efficiency and profitability of one of our largest operations. The Materials Purchasing Planner will combine aspects of inventory analysis, purchase order management and inventory planning for raw materials and finished goods. Your role will impact production, operations and supply chain making this a critical function for the site’s success.
Our business is fast moving and customer focused, we design and build everything to detailed customer specification and pride ourselves on service and quality. We are currently experiencing a surge in demand and you will contribute to the ongoing growth of the business.
Your role will involve:
- Stocktakes, cycle counts, inventory variance analysis and supplier claims
- Project purchasing involving ad hoc orders for major projects and unique customer requests
- Managing a large mix of finished goods produced by our suppliers and stored in our warehouse
- Daily ordering for ‘just-in-time’ production and urgent customer requests
- Pro-active initiatives to streamline purchasing and inventory planning
- Exposure to fast moving inventory and purchasing in a dynamic environment
- Experience with inventory planning and management
- Previous history in manufacturing is preferred but not essential
- Demonstrated high analytical skills and the ability to think strategically
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills and experience in ERP systems
- Degree qualifications in any relevant field are preferred
What is in it for you?
You will be joining an iconic Australian brand that is constantly evolving. With our grit, determination and relentless pursuit for excellence, we are constantly on the lookout for design and innovation enhancements to improve built landscapes. With a team that blends years of experience with youthful curiosity, we are searching for a team player to build our future together.
We commit to:
- Empowering you to shape the transformation of our business;
- Working with you to chase your career aspirations
- Ongoing education and cross functional collaboration;
- FLEXit – our flexible work program that enables you to balance your own work/life priorities
- Diversity & Inclusivity – embracing all backgrounds and ethnicity
If you are ready to join in our transformation during an exciting growth phase and are a proactive Purchasing professional, we encourage you to apply today!