We are looking for a Foreman to join our team based in Wellington to run an Asphalt Surfacing crew. This is a great opportunity to lead and mentor your team to deliver what we do best – Roading and Infrastructure.
You will be committed to a safety-first culture and be able to lead and mentor your Teams towards excellence.
Your main areas of responsibility will be:
• Managing and leading your asphalt crew
• Complete daily quality assurance documentation
• Ensure daily targets are meet
• Maintain and oversee plant machinery
• Crew development – training of staff on all aspects of asphalt surfacing
If you are looking for your next challenge, then this is what we think you will need to have to be successful in this role:
• Experience within the Civil Construction industry
• A thorough understanding of construction equipment
• Experience in leading and motivating teams
• Full Class 2 driving licence & WTR endorsements
• Excellent communication skills
• A commitment to the highest standards of Health & Safety
What we offer
• Competitive Hourly Rate + vehicle
• On-going training and development
• Access to the Fletcher Building Benefits Programme, which includes discounted health insurance, family scholarships, share scheme, discounted fuel and many more benefits for you and your family to enjoy!
Higgins (part of the Fletcher Building Group) is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. Many people have built great careers with Higgins over the last 60 years. As a member of the Higgins Green Team that opportunity is open to you as we work, grow and have fun together building tomorrows New Zealand.
Higgins Contractors is committed to providing a safe and drug free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass a drug and alcohol test prior to commencement of employment.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity Apply today!