Mico Plumbing and Bathrooms is New Zealand’s leading specialist supplier of plumbing and bathroom products to trade, retail and commercial customers with a reputation for quality and customer satisfaction. We are part of Fletcher Building, a diversified global building industry company.
Our customers are the heart of what we do and we are looking for an organised and accurate Inventory Controller to join our busy Henderson branch and take ownership of stock levels and maintaining high volumes of product effectively.
Working hours are 8am until 5pm with a rostered one in five Saturday morning.
Day to day you will be responsible for:
- Managing and maintaining stock levels including purchasing materials & supplies
- Ensuring inventory integrity by maintaining a cyclical stock order system and co-ordinating stock takes
This is a varied and strategic role and as such you will establish close working relationships with suppliers to gain industry and product knowledge and investigate alternative suppliers to gain a competitive advantage. You will also maintain supplier catalogues and assist the branch manager day to day by providing internal support to the branch team to maximise business potential.
To be successful in this role you will bring with you:
- Have practical experience in inventory and purchasing
- Able to maintain a high attention to detail at all times whilst working to pace
- Able to think outside the box and use initiative where necessary
- Be a team player with a can do attitude – as a small branch we all work closely together to achieve goals
In return, you will be joining a well-known and respected business offering a range of benefits and opportunities for career advancement that all come with being part of Fletcher Building.
If you have the skills, energy and experience for this role we would love to hear from you. Please apply online at fbcareers.com and quote MCO/20301