Together, let's build New Zealand! PlaceMakers continuously strives to be the best building partner in the market and takes pride in providing the highest level of service to our customers. In line with this, we are currently seeking a Trade Associate to support a busy Trade Sales team based in our Te Kuiti branch.
The role will be centred on looking after our Trade Customers both in the branch and on site with Trade Account Support and engagement. There will be a high level of exposure to the customer base so you will be expected as part of the role, to be processing all Trade Account enquires and Sales either by phone or digitally, as well as visiting customers regularly. You will be ensuring that you provide our Trade Customers with the correct advice and information in a timely manner.
We are seeking someone with a commitment to customer service and the ability to build strong working relationships both internally and externally. You will respond promptly to customers with queries ranging from the status of their order, pricing, availability, invoice information, and delivery times.
What we are looking for?
• You will have had customer service experience, ideally in the building industry sector, and be looking to take the next step in your sales career.
• You will have the ability to work autonomously and enjoy being part of a cohesive and successful team.
• With effective communication being critical to the role, you will be confident in communicating with stakeholders of all levels and be able to adapt your style to suit different customers.
• While building experience is desirable, a willingness and genuine desire to learn is what we are seeking, as well as a high level of attention to detail
Competencies & Experience
• Computer Literate
• Experience working with customers over the phone
• Sales experience
• Numerate and literate
• Works well in a team environment
• Takes initiative in problem solving
Health & Safety:
You are required to actively demonstrate safe work processes, and behaviours.
This role will require you to be able to work effectively in a team, with the ability to use initiative, with attention to detail.
In return, you will be joining a well-respected company with a fantastic culture offering a competitive salary package, a company vehicle, phone, and real opportunities for career advancement along with a range of other benefits that come with being part of New Zealand’s largest listed company.
Please note - Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa. Pre-employment medical/drug assessment is required.