Project Manager - Civil Construction
- Job Type:Part time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCH/10037904
- Closing Date:31 Oct 2021
Higgins Wairarapa completes all types civil construction which includes; domestic driveways, subdivisions, 3 water renewals, road reconstruction, commercial site works, Local Authority roading and safety improvement contracts, Masterton District Maintenance contract, production and supply of all types of aggregates.
As the Project Manager Civil Construction, you will develop, lead and manage our Subdivisions team on small projects ranging in value up to $5m. Lead the team in all aspects of project delivery including leadership, client and stakeholder relationships, resourcing for project delivery, subcontractor management, financial/commercial management and health and safety management.
If you are looking for your next opportunity, then this is what we think you will need to be successful in this role:
• Civil Engineering Diploma or Degree (preferable).
• Understanding of the Construction Contracts Act and the knowledge to apply NZS3910.
• Proven track record in successful delivery of roading and subdivision projects.
• Estimating knowledge in CCS Candy estimating software is preferable.
• In-depth knowledge of Civil Engineering from pricing, negotiation skills, planning, programming, supervision, survey, client liaison, claiming and leading safety.
• Strong people leadership skills.
• Leader in Health & Safety.
We are a leader in roading and infrastructure, across NZ and the South Pacific. With strong growth potential we have all the benefits of a large organisation, with the heart of a smaller close-knit, values-based business.
At Higgins we recognise hard work with growth and development opportunities within a supportive and whanau friendly environment. We offer a rewarding working environment, competitive salary, subsidised medical insurance together with ongoing training and development.
This is a great time to be joining us we are excited by the opportunities and investment in the industry and need someone who is just as excited to get involved and bring our Teams on the journey.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
If this opportunity is ticking your boxes, then don’t wait, apply online today!
Higgins: Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga