- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Location:Palmerston North
- Job Reference:FCH/20349
- Closing Date:09 Oct 2021
We have opportunities available for both experienced Traffic Controller’s and entry level roles giving you the opportunity to start your career in Traffic Management.
Your role will be to coordinate and control traffic, keep traffic flowing safely and setting up barriers, signs and cones. You will also be responsible for providing safe workspaces for your colleagues, helping pedestrians and answering questions from local residents.
Our Traffic Controllers are key in enabling our Teams to deliver on what we do best – roading and infrastructure.
If you are looking for your next opportunity, then this is what we think you will need to be successful in this role:
• Current TC Qualification (Level 1) or willingness to attain this qualification
• Ideally full clean New Zealand Driver’s License
• Strong focus on health and safety not only for yourself, your colleagues but also the public
• Self-motivated with a positive attitude and the ability to think for yourself
• A high level of physical fitness due to the physical nature of the role; this role requires some physical labour
• Be reliable, honest and a flexible team player
• You will be a strong communicator, someone who is pro-active with excellent problem-solving abilities and a safety focused mindset.
• Successful candidates will be required to undertake a pre-employment medical, drug test and MOJ check
What’s in it for you?
• At entry level this is a great opportunity to start your career in Traffic Management, learn the ropes and gain relevant industry qualifications
• If you are an experienced Traffic Controller there is opportunities to progress to STMS and further your career
• Opportunity long-term to gain experience in Machine Operating if this is something that interests you
• A competitive hourly rate and great employee benefits for you and your family!
• Join a business where you can develop and progress your career – as a large organisation there is always opportunities to enhance your skills
As part of the wider Fletcher Construction Group, we offer a range of initiatives and knowledge that you will be able to leverage off. We have a strong focus on continued learning and development and there will be a range of opportunities for you to take advantage of. As an organisation we are passionate about the safety of our staff and there is continued support for the initiatives you will be required to implement and maintain.
Higgins are a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path building tomorrows New Zealand with people at the heart of what we do every day.
If you want to play a key role in a leading roading and civil infrastructure company with Higgins and Fletcher Construction, please apply directly online.
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga