- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:
- Closing Date:09 Oct 2021
We are looking for a Leading Hand to join our Maintenance team in Palmerston North. This is a leadership role where you can still be hands on! You will be leading the cyclic crew undertaking general maintenance activities and minor road repairs.
• Career development – opportunities available to grow you career at Higgins
• Ongoing training and development to help you reach your career goals
• Competitive hourly rate
• Access to Fletchers Benefits Programme, including discounted health insurance, family scholarship & share scheme along with multi-business discounts for you and your family to enjoy
• Brand new PPE gear (that’s your own personal protective equipment)
If you have relevant industry experience and are looking for a step up in your career into a leading hand position we would be very interested to talk to you – there is support and training available to help you be successful in this position
What you’ll bring to the role:
• You will be a people person – you will enjoy leading a team or have an interest in stepping into this position
• Ideally Full Class 2 licence
• WTR licence ideally – opportunity to gain this if required
• Experience in the construction industry
• Basic computer literacy required to manage your workload
• Be a confident communicator
• Reliable, honest team player who leads from the front
• A desire to grow in a leadership role
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, competitive hourly rate, subsidised medical insurance and subsidised education and training for you and your dependents
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check – you’ll need to be fit for work!
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga