Help us build New Zealand! PlaceMakers is New Zealand's leading and largest supplier of building materials to New Zealand’s commercial and residential construction markets. Part of New Zealand’s largest listed company, Fletcher Building, we employ more than 2,100 people in over 60 locations across the country and stock more than 100,000 product lines from concrete to paint and plasterboard.
As the HSQE Support Coordinator at our Wellington Frame & Truss Plant, you will be focused on providing a safe and healthy work environment for staff as well as visitors and contractors on site. In compliance with Health & Safety standards you will coordinate relevant training and activities for staff and assist with the rollout of H&S initiatives and become the plant H&S & Quality SME.
In addition, you will also be responsible for but not limited to the following –
- Spend time out on the floor, encouraging good behaviours and help solve problems that arise
- Auditing existing processes
- Assist in the investigation of all incidents when required and ensure that the incident register is kept up to date
- Act as main point of contact for all remedial work and provide recommendations to Plant Manager
- Carry out administrative duties relevant to delivery schedules
To be considered, you must possess the following -
- Passionate about Workplace Health & Safety
- Be willing to learn and attend agreed PlaceMakers training courses
- Computer literate
- Able to develop positive working relationships across all levels of the organisation
- Thorough and accurate in their approach to work
- Excellent time management
- A team player
What can we offer you?
Here at PlaceMakers, we have a dynamic and fun team culture and there are plenty of opportunities to bring your own ideas to the table! This is an exciting time to join our journey as we grow our people and business. You will be offered free on-site parking, a competitive salary with genuine opportunities for career development as we will invest in your training and relevant qualifications.
To express interest, please apply now and we will be back in touch soon!
Please note: A pre-employment medical, including drug test is required as well as the legal right to work in NZ indefinitely.