At Iplex “We Know Water” – Our vision is to solve Australia’s water challenges by partnering with our customers and communities to provide, safe, secure and innovative water solutions, today and into the future.
Driven by this renewed focus and mandate for profitable growth, we are looking to engage the very highest quality candidates to enhance our existing teams and ultimately create highly engaged and high performing teams who deliver unmatchable results for our customers.
Since 2011, Iplex has been a member of the ASX listed Fletcher Building Group, focused on building and construction activities. Fletcher Building today employs over 16,000 people in Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific. The Fletcher Building operations span manufacturing, distribution and retail, home building and major construction and infrastructure projects.
Iplex Pipelines are looking for the Head of Technical Sales to lead a team and provide product leadership and technical expertise to support informed decision making and influence design specifications. In this role you will be responsible for driving sales growth by proactively engaging with and meeting customers, providing comprehensive technical sales support on metal products to wider nationwide Iplex sales teams, developing strategic partnerships and relentlessly pursuing all opportunities to drive revenue and margin growth by partnering with key industry stakeholders.
About the role
- Provide product leadership and technical expertise to support informed decision making
- Play a key role in influencing design specifications and overseeing design product approvals
- Build a strong and diverse network of internal and external contacts and actively collaborate to grow these relationships
- Be relentlessly focused on driving innovation in the metal product range by understanding market trends and future customer requirements
- Influence others and gain commitment from others by persuading and negotiating, communicating value and making effective use of relationships and knowledge
- Provide clear direction to the Metals sales/engineering team, managing performance, and driving capability development through individual development plans, coaching and mentoring.
- Have a broad understanding of the markets and able to identify strategies and solutions that capitalise on potential
We are looking for candidates who possess the following skills and attributes:
- Engineering Degree
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in a technical or sales environment with a proven understanding of manufacturing
- Minimum of 3 years management experience
- Experienced in motivating, leading and managing a team to meet KPIs and quotas across a national spectrum
- Strong commercial acumen
- Able to build and nurture internal and external stakeholder relationships
- Demonstrated understanding of product development engineering from design, development through to manufacture.
- Effective communicator able to manage competing priorities in a team setting.
- Resilient, flexible, and analytical with an eye for detail
With operations across Australia and New Zealand, Fletcher Building provides a great platform to grow your career. In addition to career development pathways, you will have access to:
- Staff Discounts – generous discounts within the Fletcher Building group in addition to discounts on health insurance, banking, optical, travel, technology, car rental and more through our internal perks program!
- FBuShare – a share scheme allowing you to feel ownership of the business in which you work
- Learning Academy – an award winning learning academy supporting your career development
- Employee Education Fund – a Private Trust Fund managed independently of Fletcher Building to provide funding for education and training to employees
- FB Excellence Awards – recognising, celebrating and sharing the best achievements in leadership, innovation, performance excellence and customer service
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.