We are the market-leading manufacturer and supplier of residential and commercial insulation products to the building industry in New Zealand for over 50 years, including the Pink® Batts® brand.
Our world-class manufacturing facility in Penrose runs 24/7 where we make sustainable, top-quality insulation products. Our H&S culture makes us one of the safest manufacturing sites at Fletcher Building and three-quarters of our production team have been with us for over ten years because they love working here.
A rare Engineering Team Leader opportunity has become available at our Penrose manufacturing site.
Leading a shift of 7 people, you will be an experienced, reliable and engaged people leader.
Your responsibilities include:
• Actively leading safe working practices and Health & Safety culture;
• Organise daily work or offline repairs in the workshop
• Oversee Inventory of air fittings, pipe fittings, belts & fiberiser parts and follow up
• Assist in plant breakdowns and follow up to action all issues from previous shifts
• Ensure shift checks are completed in accordance with company standards
• Assist in supervising weekend maintenance
• Motivating your team to deliver production targets at exceptional quality;
• Leading daily team briefs with your team;
• Being the go-to person in resolving production and quality issues on the line;
• Maintaining high engagement with the team with good communication and leading by example.
• A champion of safe working practices and Health & Safety culture;
• Someone who wants to learn, advance and continue to develop their career;
• Reliable and can do a 12-hour shift pattern of two-days, two nights – four days off;
• Strong technical experience;
• Excellent level of English with great communication skills;
• At least 5 years’ manufacturing experience with 1 year in a 2IC role preferable;
Applicants will be required to undergo pre-employment checks which include a Criminal History check, medical check and drug & alcohol testing.
Click on Apply Now or for a confidential discussion contact Janine Prakash via Janine.firstname.lastname@example.org