Fletcher Steel is New Zealand’s leading importer, distributor and processor of steel representing Fletcher Building’s Easysteel, Fletcher Reinforcing, Fletcher Wire Products, Dimond Roofing, Dimond Structural, Pacific CoilCoaters and CSP Pacific brands. We are the strength at the heart of New Zealand’s buildings and infrastructure. Our people use their experience, skills and individuality to do amazing work.
About the opportunity:
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Accounts Payable Leader to join our Procure to Pay team based in our Mt Wellington office. We are looking for someone with a business improvement mindset who can review current systems and processes and implement real world practical improvements into the way we do things. With a strong customer focus you will naturally bring a best practise mindset to everything you do and be able to impart this knowledge to the team around you.
About the role:
Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring the delivery of an efficient accounts payable service that drives a culture of customer service excellence and continuous improvement.
- Manage key stakeholder relationships (internally and externally) and communicate with both parties effectively to achieve internal customer objectives.
- Coaching team members to develop new skills and knowledge, set goals and systematically track team progress and provide feedback throughout.
- Participate in a range of accounts payable duties so that invoices can be prepared for payment and payment is made on time according to payment terms.
To be successful in the position you will ideally have;
- Five + years’ experience in an Accounts Payable or Procure to Pay leadership role
- Strong Workflow and ERP experience.
- Experience of an integrated accounting software package and a solid understanding of accounting principles.
- Experience in dealing with large complex organisations with high volume transactions
- Experience in dealing with multiple systems and multi-site operation
- Proven experience in managing relations including developing and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders and business partners
- High level of analytical thinking and strong problem solving skills
- Ability to thrive under pressure, develop solutions to problems and make decisions based on sound judgement.
You will be a pivotal member of the Procure to Pay team supporting and developing your team members. Your natural ability to communicate effectively across a wide audience, combined with your proven management capabilities will see you succeed in this challenging position.
About the rewards
In return we offer a supportive working environment with a great career development platform, a competitive package, and an impressive employee benefits programme.
If you have the above skills and experience, then please APPLY TODAY!