We’ve been a part of the iconic Australian design landscape for over 85 years. Only a few short years after Australian’s became happy little Vegemite’s, families were spreading their toast in kitchens and on tables made by us. We’ve come a long way.
Today, you’ll see Laminex on surfaces everywhere you look - be it hospitals, shopping centres, restaurants or your home, our team spend their day designing products so that all Australians can create beautiful spaces.
About your next role
We are seeking a dynamic Business Development Manager to join our supportive and thriving business. Based out of Brisbane this position will be charged with servicing the Brisbane and Sunshine Coast regions with flexibility around how you build your call cycles. Working within the residential and retail segment, your role will be about generating sales demand, building upon existing business and creating new long-lasting relationships across our decorative wall products portfolio.
Your proactive approach will see you growing and developing our market position as you build on customer relationships to achieve agreed sales volumes and profit margins in support of broader business objectives within a retail hardware and trade building supplies store customer base.
- Demonstrated experience in a previous sales position within the retail hardware & trade building supplies customer space
- Knowledge of the building industry and retail hardware, solution selling and selling products of a technical nature would be advantageous;
- Customer focused style and a relationship driven approach in influencing key stakeholders;
- Ability to use existing customer base and penetrate a new product into the market
- Outstanding time management capabilities with the ability to manage numerous tasks at one time;
- Intermediate computer skills coupled with previous experience in CRM systems, analysing data and providing reports when required;
- Proven problem solving skills and negotiation capabilities in achieving sales outcomes
- Experience dealing with retail buying groups as well as franchise or wholesale models desirable.
This role calls for an ambitious and results focused person who has a genuine interest in our brand to ensure product integrity, financial performance and operational standards are maintained. With a drive to lead in your selected market and the drive to build your day.
What can we offer to you
As a proud partner of Fletcher Building group with operations in Europe, Asia, The Americas, Australasia and the South Pacific, there’s a world of opportunities waiting for you at Fletcher Building. In addition to global career development pathways you will have access to:
- Staff Discounts – health insurance, banking, optical, travel, technology, car rental and more!
- Learning Academy – an award winning learning academy supporting your career development
- Employee Education Fund – a Private Trust Fund managed independently of Fletcher Building to provide funding for education and training to employees and their dependants.
- FB Excellence Awards – recognising, celebrating and sharing the best achievements in leadership, innovation, performance excellence and customer service.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways