We are team Iplex - we’re over 200 people strong and we’re highly passionate about delivering plastic pipeline systems in New Zealand as we work to become NZ’s leader of plastic building materials. We have team members working in manufacturing and distribution in Palmerston North, Christchurch and Ashburton, with our commercial head office based in Auckland.
We are looking for a extrusion process technician to join our manufacturing team in Palmerston North. This role works on our most complex extrusion line, and requires someone who is a logical problem solving, able to keep calm and cool-headed while trouble-shooting in order to produce plastic pipes to meet our high standards of quality.
About the role:
In this role, you will utilise your mechanical skills and fault-finding abilities to support our 24/7 manufacturing operation. You’ll work as part of a shift who following a rotating shift pattern comprised of 2 day shifts followed by 2 night shifts, followed by 4 days off.
- To be successful in this role (and to love it!), you’ll need to bring the following:
- Dedication to ensuring safety for yourself and your workmates
- A strong focus on quality standards
- Demonstrated sound problem-solving skills
- Methodical, a team player and keen to get involved to further your skills
- Ideally a Trade qualification (mechanical) or experience within the plastics manufacturing industry
We offer excellent benefits including the ability to gain national qualifications in manufacturing, health and income protection insurances, and progression opportunities. We will provide both external safety training, as well as hands on training on the job to ensure you are set up to be successful.
We’d love to have you join our team – please get in touch if this role sounds like your next opportunity! Click Apply Now or contact Larissa.Pedersen@fbu.com for any queries.