Are you an experienced Environmental Health and Safety Advisor looking for a new challenge? Here at Higgins we’re on a journey and working with DuPont make a mark, set the standard and be the best in the industry.
Reporting to the Area EHS Manager for our Waikato and Bay of Plenty region, you will be based in our Tauranga branch and will be responsible for providing high level professional advice to the front-line leaders and workforce and promote movement towards an interdependent safety culture. Your role will also require you to coach workers on best practice safety and help them to ensure all risks are appropriately managed in the workplace.
What we’re looking for:
To be successful in this role, we’re looking for someone who has:
- Tertiary qualifications in EHS
- Driving Licence (current, full and clean)
- At least 5 years’ experience in health and safety within the construction industry
- Excellent knowledge of the NZ legislative environment including HSE, ACC and HSNO and industry guidelines and standards
- Thorough knowledge of work related illnesses and injuries, and rehabilitation processes.
- A High level communication skills with a coaching, influencing emphasis
- The ability to build credibility and trust in the business
What’s in it for you?
The opportunity to develop in a supportive team, to bring excitement to influence and lead change and of course a competitive salary package and great employee benefits for you and your family!
As part of the wider Fletcher Construction Group, we offer a range of initiatives and knowledge that you will be able to leverage off. We have a strong focus on continued learning and development and there will be a range of opportunities for you to take advantage of. As an organisation we are passionate about the safety of our staff and there is continued support for the initiatives you will be required to implement and maintain.
Higgins are a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path building tomorrows New Zealand with people at the heart of what we do every day.
If you want to play a key role in a leading roading and civil infrastructure company with Higgins and Fletcher Construction, please apply directly online.
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga