Higgins specialises in road and infrastructure design, construction, and maintenance. Our teams are bonded together by values developed from a family heritage of over 60 years of business success. With over 1800 staff, the Higgins team is currently involved in some of the largest road engineering projects in New Zealand.
Higgins maintains approx. 440 km of a predominantly sealed roading network on behalf of the Kapiti Coast District Council (KCDC). The Kapiti region is vibrant and ever expanding as more people move into the region.
We are now seeking a Maintenance Contract Manager to oversee the profitable delivery of the KCDC Contract. This role reports into the Higgins Branch Manager in Kapiti.
Main result areas of the role:
• Accountability for Health & Safety, quality and environmental issues on the maintenance contract
• Ensuring successful delivery and retention of the KCDC contract
• Maintaining successful and collaborative long-term relationships with the client, suppliers and other stakeholders including the community
• Direct leadership of employees on the contract
• Support Project Managers and Engineers with financials, contractual matters, and any issues they may face
• Problem solve and mitigate any risks and issues, communicate these with Branch Manager
Skills and Experience required:
• Tertiary qualifications BEng, NZCE (Civil) or Diploma in Engineering or equivalent, or near completion preferable
• A track record in New Zealand road maintenance contracts
• Understanding of the technical, contractual and financial requirement involved in a roading maintenance type contract
• Strong computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Project and knowledge of CRM systems
• Working understanding and ability to use RAMM, RAMM Contractor, Pocket RAMM
• Being adaptable, flexible and having the capacity to cope with multiple issues
• Commitment to the highest standards of health and safety
• The ability to lead and motivate teams to meet targets and objectives
• High level communication and relationship management skills
• Experience of financial processes with a commercial focus in budgeting, management of P&L and cost control
What We Offer
• Competitive salary package + company vehicle
• Fletchers Benefits Programme, including discounted health insurance, family scholarship & share scheme along with multi-business discounts for you and your family to enjoy
• An opportunity to work in a dynamic and progressive organisation
If you are motivated and results driven with a proven track record in successful management of small to medium sized civil engineering contracts and are looking for an opportunity to transition into a higher level role we would welcome your application.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Please click “Apply Now” to apply
Higgins: Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga