Class 5 Driver
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCH/20809
- Closing Date:31 Oct 2021
Are you an experienced Class 5 Driver who is looking to enhance their skillset? We have an opportunity for skilled drivers to be trained as Bitumen Sprayer Operators, a highly sought-after skill in the civil and roading industry.
Ideally you will have experience within the industry, a strong understanding of health & safety practices and procedures and a desire to work as part of a team that are passionate about what they do and delivering projects to a high standard.
Skills and Experience required:
• Full clean Class 5 New Zealand Driver’s License, WTR
• Strong focus on health and safety not just your own but your colleagues and the public
• Self-motivated with a positive attitude and the ability to think for yourself
• A reasonable level of physical fitness due to the physical nature of the role
• Reliable, honest and flexible
• Able to work, day shift, night shift, and at times weekends and be open to travel outside the region, when required
What’s in it for you?
• Opportunity to be trained in using our modern Bitumen Spray Trucks
• Learn about Emulsion/Bitumen products, sprayer performance & application rates
• Support to gain necessary licenses and qualifications related to Bitumen Spraying
• Guaranteed hours
• Competitive hourly rate
• Fletchers Benefits Programme, including subsidised medical insurance, Employee Education
Fund - subsidised education and training to employees and their dependents, discount on various products for you and your family to enjoy
Higgins (part of the Fletcher Building Group) is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. Many people have built great careers with Higgins over the last 60 years. As a member of the Higgins Green Team that opportunity is open to you as we work, grow and have fun together building tomorrows New Zealand.
Higgins Contractors is committed to providing a safe and drug free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass a drug and alcohol test prior to commencement of employment.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
How to Apply:
Ready for the challenge and want to gain a new skill set? If so, we would love to hear from you! Please apply directly online
Higgins: Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga