National Maintenance Technician/Fitter
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Stramit
- Job Reference:
- Closing Date:18 Feb 2022
Proud to be Australian Made
Our products and people shape homes and communities. We’re one of Australia’s leading manufacturers and suppliers of roll formed steel building products – and for good reason.
You will see us on the roofs of iconic buildings and stadiums that span the Australian landscape. Our doors and panels open many commercial and residential builds. Our commitment is on high quality, custom made installations that put our customers unique needs and aspirations at the heart of all we do.
The Stramit difference
Here at Stramit, we are on a growth journey. We’re big enough to give you the all the benefits of a national network but small enough to know our customers first name. We get the job done right, every time – no matter how complex.
We know that great people get things done. Our values guide our decision making, and we know we are all better together. We believe all injuries are preventable and we never walk past – we speak up and take action. Our people share ideas and are encouraged to have a go. We anticipate and create solutions for our customers.
You will play a vital role in the safety, efficiency, and profitability of our facilities across Australia. As a Maintenance Technician you will be responsible for mechanical maintenance on steel rolling mills critical for our operation. You will be involved in hands-on preventative maintenance, repairs refurbishments and maintenance planning
Our business is fast moving and customer focused, we design and build everything to detailed customer specification and pride ourselves on service and quality. We are currently experiencing a surge in demand and you will contribute to the ongoing growth of the business.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Performing preventative maintenance, completing projects and machine re-builds
- Testing and measuring samples providing feedback and mechanical adjustments
- Installing, commissioning and training on various manufacturing machines
- Having strong safety focus, communication and working in a team
- Qualified Fitter or Mechanical Certificate or equivalent
- Experience in machine-based manufacturing environments or equipment
- Physically fit and able, this role is 50% “on the tools”
- Basic numerical understanding, experience reading engineering plans also preferred
- Willingness to share knowledge and or learn new skills
- Happy to travel the country and visit all our sites
What’s in it for you?
- Excellent salary, Superannuation and employment conditions including attractive maternity/ paternity leave provisions
- Corporate Discounts – Fletcher Building has a range of fantastic corporate discount
- FBuShare – a share scheme allowing you to feel ownership of the business in which you work
- Learning Academy – An award-winning learning academy and operational excellence program supporting your career development
- Progression – We are part of the Fletcher Building group with more than 5,500 people across Australia
We are committed to providing a safe work environment with a focus on quality and providing future opportunities to develop your skills and experience.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.
Please note: Our recruitment process will include a phone screen and a formal interview. The successful candidates also will be required to undergo a medical and drug / alcohol assessment and will be able to demonstrate unlimited working rights in Australia.