At Iplex “We Know Water” – Our vision is to solve Australia’s water challenges by partnering with our customers and communities to provide, safe, secure and innovative water solutions, today and into the future.
Driven by this renewed focus and mandate for profitable growth, we are looking to engage the very highest quality candidates to enhance our existing teams and ultimately create highly engaged and high performing teams who deliver unmatchable results for our customers.
Since 2011, Iplex has been a member of the ASX listed Fletcher Building Group, focused on building and construction activities. Fletcher Building today employs over 16,000 people in Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific. The Fletcher Building operations span manufacturing, distribution and retail, home building and major construction and infrastructure projects.
We currently have a vacancy for a Production Manager at our Reservoir worksite to provide a high-level lead for our production team in the pursuit of Operational Excellence. Plant and equipment availability, robust product quality and best practice output are your key drivers to contribute to a safe and cost-effective plant yielding on time, top quality pipe, and ultimately providing a great experience for Iplex Customers.
In this role, your primary objectives will be:
- Providing overall leadership, direction and management to the Production Team Leaders and Operators
- Providing behavioural safety leadership and direction to achieve and sustain Zero Harm
- Ensuring the environmental compliance, health, safety and well-being of all employees, contractors and visitors are managed to the standards defined by the Company
- To support production plans maximising the resources available (employees, capital and assets)
Qualifications and Skills
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills will define your strong team focus, and your ability to be a key player and contributor in the wider Iplex community through business sharing activities will be critical. We are looking for:
- A trade or professional background in engineering, with a proven track record working within a competitive manufacturing environment
- Plastics Manufacturing experience is desirable but not essential
- Demonstrated personnel management skills at shop floor level and staff development skills within a robust IR environment
- Excellent safety leadership, and commitment to instilling these values in your team
- The ability to identify weaknesses in manufacturing operations and recommend action plans
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of Lean Manufacturing principles
- The ability to make decisions, multi task and work under pressure to deadlines
- Results orientated, with effective planning and organisational skills
- Effective leadership skills including coaching individuals and developing teams to achieve organisational objectives
- The ability to respond quickly to the needs of 24 hour day operation
- Level headed at all times being able to offer stability to employees
- Good computer literacy – MS Office and JD Edwards would be advantageous.
With operations across Australia and New Zealand, Fletcher Building provides a great platform to grow your career. In addition to career development pathways, you will have access to:
- Staff Discounts – generous discounts within the Fletcher Building group in addition to discounts on health insurance, banking, optical, travel, technology, car rental and more through our internal perks program!
- FBuShare – a share scheme allowing you to feel ownership of the business in which you work
- Learning Academy – an award winning learning academy supporting your career development
- Employee Education Fund – a Private Trust Fund managed independently of Fletcher Building to provide funding for education and training to employees
- FB Excellence Awards – recognising, celebrating and sharing the best achievements in leadership, innovation, performance excellence and customer service