The Fletcher Construction Company is a leading general contractor, delivering a wide range of projects nationwide. Work undertaken spans civil and industrial engineering and all aspects of commercial construction - including both main structures and interiors. Our Buildings division is well known in the New Zealand market, delivering impressive projects across New Zealand.
Covering 32,000m² site with seven floors, the New Zealand International Convention Centre (NZICC) will be NZ’s largest purpose-built convention centre and an iconic landmark of Auckland CBD to be delivered by Fletcher Construction in design build model.
We have an exciting opportunity for a proactive QA Supervisor to become part of the project family delivering this unique project together.
About the Role
In this role, you will provide the capabilities to a team to assist in the achievement of quality control, quality assurance, handover, and completion goals. You will be the on-site representative in the field and to ensure the quality of site installations are consistent with the Contract Documents and code requirements. With the ability to complete the necessary administrative work to ensure final sign off and acceptance from necessary consultants and/or Client.
This role will report directly to the QA Manager but with very close proximity to the Design team and Build team.
Key attributes for the role will include excellent communication skills, the ability to build relationship with stakeholders across all levels, ability to work under pressure and have resilience, a can do attitude and most of all to be a team player across the project teams.
In addition, we require:
• Site and field knowledge and experience within commercial construction is a MUST
• Minimum five years’ experience in a closely related field such as Site Engineer, Quality Control, or Junior Project Manager
• Previous experience managing small teams is not necessary but desirable
• Experience with dealing with territorial authorities and regulatory bodies
• Strong computer and administration skills to utilise software such as PowerBI, Aconex, NavisWorks
• Excellent analytical skills
• Proven problem-solving skills with the ability to identify but also to resolve issues
Interested? We would love to hear from you.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Supervisor to join Fletcher Construction and demonstrate their talents. If you would like to align your goals with ours, we would love to hear from you. Please submit your application directly online.