“Our motto is that nobody is easier to do business with”
We have a wide variety of customers who come into our Kaiwharawhara branch and it’s up to us to make sure we deliver outstanding service to each and every one of them. We’re looking for someone with the passion to ensure that we continue to be the leading supplier for everyone from the home DIYers to larger construction businesses.
As first point of contact in our showroom, you will interact daily with our customers who are the heart and soul of our business. You will be a people person thriving most when supporting our customers, so they get a winning in-store experience. You will build and maintain effective relationships with them by being solutions focused, offering product support and technical information. You will also play a vital part in direct sales with customers, getting orders pulled and ready for dispatch, and merchandising and maintaining aisles within the showroom.
Skills and Experience Required:
• Proven experience in a customer service and/or retail sales environment
• Strong interpersonal skills with a bubbly personality
• Ability to build rapport with people from all ages and backgrounds
• Motivated, self-driven and able to work independently
• A strong focus on performance and dedication to support our valued customers
• Competent computer and numeracy skills
• Useful knowledge of our products, particularly paint and adhesives or the building industry is highly advantageous
• Proactive and able to think on your feet and under pressure
This is a full-time role and will include working on a Saturday.
What’s in it for you?
You will be joining a market-leading organisation where your role is not just about sales but also about building relationships and providing solutions to our customers! With your hard work and our support, we can help you to build a career! There are plenty of opportunities within PlaceMakers but being part of Fletcher Building means there are many other staff benefits on offer!
If you are interested in a career where you get as much out as you put in and you are truly recognised and rewarded for your efforts, then click on the link to apply now.
Please note: A pre-employment medical, including drug test will be required as well as the legal right to work in NZ indefinitely.