- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Location:Palmerston North
- Job Reference:FCH/20913
- Closing Date:17 Oct 2021
The Green Team at our branch in Palmerston North is looking for a permanent full time Operator to join the Drainage Crew.
• Grow and develop in a supportive team who treat each other like Whanau
• Opportunities to progress your career to Leading Hand and Foreman
• Support to gain Class 2 licence and other tickets required
• Competitive hourly rate
• Awesome benefits for you and your family to enjoy
• Brand new PPE gear (that’s your own personal protective equipment)
This position will be operating an excavator. If you don’t have excavating experience but are experienced operating other machinery such as a digger, then we can provide you with the training required.
What you’ll bring to the role:
• Ideally you will have operating experience
• A high level of physical fitness due to the physical nature of the role
• Strong focus on health and safety not only for yourself, your colleagues but also the public
• Self-motivated with a positive attitude and the ability to think for yourself
• Be reliable, honest and a flexible team player
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, competitive hourly rate, subsidised medical insurance and subsidised education and training for you and your dependants.
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check – you’ll need to be fit for work!
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga