- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCH/20914
- Closing Date:31 Oct 2021
The Green Team in Napier is looking for an experienced Diesel Mechanic to join the Workshop Crew.
• $30-$40 per hour depending on experience
• Grow and develop in a supportive team
• Hard work is recognised - build a career and not just do a job
• Awesome benefits for you and your family to enjoy
• Brand new PPE gear (that’s your own personal protective equipment)
As an experienced mechanic your role will focus on the repair and maintenance of a variety of medium to large plant and equipment and road transport within our busy Depot.
What you’ll bring to the role:
• Experience in mechanical repair and maintenance of heavy vehicles and equipment
• Minimum Level 4 Trade qualification
• Excellent communication skills
• High attention to detail
• Physically fit
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, competitive hourly rate, subsidised medical insurance and subsidised education and training for you and your dependants.
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check. Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga